Monday, January 16, 2006

tie one on - apron from clothes

Found this site while browsing, tie one on, it's a crafty person show-n-tell blog. You make an apron, based on the month's theme, then email pics and share your ideas. Thought I would give it a try. This month's theme: apron from clothes, love the idea. Feels good to cut up old clothes and reuse them, I feel thrifty! I used a pair of cut-off shorts for the apron front and a dress for the tie. I used the existing belt loops to hold the tie in place. The back of the shorts are actually the front and the front is gone except for a the belt loops and pockets.

3 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

VERY cool, Nancy! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!

 
At 1/17/2006 06:50:00 AM, Blogger A Renewed Mind said...

Nancy-HI! I loved your apron. I just found your blog through Claire. What a nice way to stay updated on the family. I hope you are all well. E-mail me sometime if you get a chance. Newbywife99@yahoo.com
The boys are getting so big. I miss you all, love-Beki Newby

 
At 1/17/2006 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks to both of you! I'm wearing my apron now and I love it!
Beki, glad you found my blog and hope you enjoy it. I will email soon! Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home