Monday, March 13, 2006

Girl's Weekend

My New York trip was a success, lots of fun and laughter with some really good friends. We don't talk often anymore or even email much, but as soon as we get together we talk and laugh like we have never been apart. We met on Thursday morning at La Guardia airport and then headed to our hotel next to Grand Central Station. We ate lunch at a really good Chinese Restaurant near our hotel and went ice skating at Rockafeller Center. On Friday we were determined to be on tv, so we got up at 5 am and walked to the NBC studios, got there at 6 am and waited in line until 7 am when the show started. We planned on staying for as long as it took to be on tv, well that proved to be another 3 hours, because AL never talked to us and the camera man stayed on the opposite side of us. At 9:45am, Katie and I had to leave and sit down, but Kelli was a trooper and stuck it our for 15 more minutes, that was it, just 15 more minutes after waiting for 3 hours and 45 minutes!! While Katie and I were waiting, my sister calls me and tells me she just saw Kelli on tv! Typical, I wait forever and give up. I could have had my moment of fame, oh well, a morning wasted in New York, but not quite. While we were waiting, Katie Couric was walking around posing for pictures with everyone, so we got our picture with her. I guess she's not so bad after all! We spent the next few hours resting up for dinner in Little Italy. We planned to eat at Luna's, a restaurant we ate at 8 years ago, when we all visited New York together. Well, Luna's was closed for rennovation, go figure. Good thing there are about 500 Italian Restaurants to choose from with all the waiters standing on the sidewalk with menus asking you to come eat at their restaurant. It wasn't hard at all to choose one! On Saturday we went on a lunch cruise on the Hudson, which included a buffet lunch, desert, caberet show and dance music and views of the city and statue of liberty. We did some shopping and rested some more and then back out for dinner. Then there is Sunday, wow that was fast and we had to part. Such sweet sorrow! I did miss my boys and husband. Tried not to talk or think about them every waking moment, but they were on my mind often and I did show a lady in china town the picture of my boys when I was buying them swords and maybe a few other people, like the lady next to me on the plane home! Thanks girls for putting up with me for 4 days and thanks family for putting up without me for four days and missing me!!

4 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 06:09:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great trip (and good weather too)! Glad you had fun.

 
At 3/14/2006 08:53:00 AM, Blogger Marce said...

What a great post!!! You guys obviously had a fabulous time! I love that you were able to have some girl time too. :-) Thanks for sharing these shots with us - Katie Couric's got nothin' on you 3 but what a memorable shot!

 
At 3/14/2006 05:53:00 PM, Anonymous Kelli said...

Great shots Nancy!! You are going to get me SO hooked on this blog thing. Hehe!! I miss you already, but this blog will help me not miss you quite as bad :)
-Kel

 
At 4/21/2006 07:43:00 AM, Anonymous aunttrink said...

Nancy,
THis is your cousin-in-law Susan.. Next time you guys are up north you must come visit. We live in Doylestown PA (only 1.5 hours from NYC). You are welcome anytime.

Does Becky also have a blog/webpage? Or Gracie have a separate one? You are doing a super job with yours.. and thanks for having stuff about the kids in Thailand. Thanks
SUsan= aunttrink@yahoo.com

If you wanted to see update with us go to: homepage.mac.com/ethan_hill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home