Monday, March 27, 2006

inspiration is everywhere

I am inspired everywhere I go, whether it be the crafty blogs I visit daily, the grocery store, or the zoo, yes I said the zoo! I took the boys to the zoo last Friday with my parents, sister, her girls and our niece. It was packed with Mommies and Daddies, their children and of course animals. Well, the Mommies all had GREAT BAGS! My heart was all a flutter, while my eyes scanned the bags walking by. I was sketching in my mind all the details, top-stitching here, cool fabric there, wooden ring accent on that one. I did look at the animals and kept an eye on the boys while I was mentally gathering inspiration, it's just so hard not to do that. I have a sickness and it envolves looking at everything that is sewn and saying, "I can make that"! Thanks Mom, I remember her saying that many times while growing up. My main source of inspiration these days comes from the crafty blogs I visit, soelmama, wisecraft, littlebirds, simplesparrow, angrychicken, weewonderfuls, these are a few of my favorites. I have tried making softies, made a few aprons, with more to come, and my newest creation is a fabric flower pin with a covered button, so cool, due to a tutorial from wise craft. The flower pin goes with a new bag I've created, I call it City Bag! Thanks for the inspiration!

This is my Dad, known as Opa to the grandchildren, with Sean at the Zoo. Thought this was too cute not to post!

4 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 07:24:00 PM, Anonymous Blair said...

I love your version of this flower, so very sweet. That bag is great, all of your bags are great!

 
At 4/03/2006 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

As always, your bag is beautiful!

 
At 4/05/2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Mijk said...

I somehow had lost you in all my bookmarks but that was a mistake love the gardenstories love the bags! and I''m intrigued do you have a dutch background..
I'll update my linklist this week to make sure I won't lose you again..

 
At 4/05/2006 05:42:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks! I live in the states, so no dutch background here. I will try and update the blog with more garden pictures soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home