Thursday, March 16, 2006

A New Home

Our baby chicks are growing up and have been moved from the barn into a brand new 2006 mobile home built by my chicken farmer wanta-be husband. The newest chicken tractor is 85% complete and now houses 50 Buff Orpington hens and 1 extotic rooster, type to be determined. We need to buy more metal roofing for the top and build nesting boxes, so for the time being, a green tarp and old interior door serves as a roof. I think the door is kind of cool, we could hing it and add a door bell while we're at it! Our garden is doing well, the corn is thriving and we now have watermelon and cantaloupe leaves breaking ground as well. Ian designed and created signs for two of the rows, all his idea. I let him go and didn't try to take over, like I usually do. He went through all his popsicle sticks and a good amount of glue and paint for his two signs, but I like them.

1 Comments:

At 3/17/2006 03:38:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I just love your son's popsicle stick sign. Sometimes you just have to stand back and let them do there thing - it is really amazing what they come up with!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home