Thursday, April 13, 2006

Glimpse of the Garden

I've decided to start my own Thursday post series called "Glimpse of the Garden". I'll post a picture or a series of pictures of our garden and describe the work we put into it that week and the progress it's made. If anyone else has a garden, whether it be in a container or a yard plot, vegetables or flowers, please share. We could start a flickr group if there is some interst! This week the bush beans have been the main growers, they have caught up with the squash. The peppers and tomatoes, we planted from seed, have finally sprouted! Everything else is maintaining and so far no pests and few weeds. I have raked the pathway a few times and hand picked some weeds from around the plants. I spread straw around the plants and on the pathways to control the weeds and help with moisture retention. I'm sure as the summer comes along, we will be spending more time in the garden, but for now I'm enjoying the progress and sitting out by the garden looking at the green plants that are starting and imagining how good the vegetables will taste!

4 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 03:21:00 PM, Anonymous Amy said...

That is an extensive garden! It will be fun to watch it grow. I have planted a very few things - definitely not worth many updates.

 
At 4/14/2006 07:21:00 AM, Blogger Marce said...

What a FANTASTIC experience you guys are creating for the boys (and yourselves!) This is how we should all eat, and live for that matter - back to basics.
Looking great!

 
At 4/14/2006 08:27:00 AM, Blogger Upward Journey said...

My flower boxes aside, we've done quite poorly on the garden front this year. Tim planted 4 tomato plants and I planted ziltch, nada, nothing. I think it's probably too late since it's into the 90's already.

 
At 4/17/2006 07:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun!! It is beautiful and I am super jealous:)EB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home