Sunday, April 16, 2006

tie one on - yellow and white

Here is my apron for tie one on this month, more pictures here. I used a pattern from my Great-Grandmother that my Mom loaned me. It has three front pockets and it has a back closure at the neck. The pattern called for a button, but that seemed to hard to close by oneself, so I opted for velcro. Did they have velcro in the 50's? Love the lemon fabric, very summery, since summer is just around the corner here in North Florida! It was in the 90's today. Well, we had a nice Easter Sunday and the boys enjoyed all the festivities so much they passed out at 6:30pm after terrorizing my parent's plants. Sorry Mom! Here is a look at their baskets and a cute lambkin that I will post about tomorrow.

6 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 02:52:00 PM, Blogger Marce said...

That apron is adorable! I'd never wear it for fear it would actually get food ON it. :-p

 
At 4/17/2006 05:19:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I know, I am scared to spill something on it too!

 
At 4/17/2006 09:51:00 PM, Anonymous Amy said...

What a great pattern! Love the waist and rickrack. Nice job!

 
At 4/26/2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Ruth Hoernig said...

Nancy,
I totally want an apron like that. Are you making them for sale? Can you make them in a bigger size for round women? (o:
Love, Aunt Ruthie

 
At 5/02/2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I wasn't planning on it, but I could make an exception!

 
At 5/17/2006 09:28:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hi Nancy! I've looked at this apron many times now & admired it enough...that I actually hunted the pattern down on eBay so I could make good use of my sewing/embroidery machine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home