Monday, May 22, 2006

Homegrown Squash and Green Beans

We have vegetables and lots of watermelon, like 15 or so. Any recipes out there for watermelon, what do you do with 20 watermelon at once? I guess we could do that cool sledgehammer game again! We ate these with grilled chicken on Saturday night and what a difference it makes to grow it yourself. I cooked the green beans, southern style boiled in water with a ham hock and lots of salt. I made a yummy squash casserole with the yellow squash, like my sister-in-law, Angela makes for holidays. Found the recipe online, I love GOOGLE! The green beans tasted so different, just yummy and the boys kept asking for more. I'm hoping that they will eat more vegetables because of the garden. Ian was just tickled that we picked the squash and we were going to eat it.

3 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 07:05:00 AM, Blogger molly said...

wow, i'm jealous that you are already harvesting your vegetables. We just put our seedlings in the ground yesterday!!

 
At 5/23/2006 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Upward Journey said...

We had our first tomato 2 days ago. Of course only one was ripe enough to eat, so there was quite a squabble over it. I think Tim ended up with the whole thing :)

 
At 5/28/2006 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Marce said...

What a treat!! Great news for you guys, and the animal family is growing too I see. Very cool!

I love the print on that skirt fabric. I sewed a couple small pillows the other day just to get the sewing machine warmed up.

Hugs for each of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home