Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm having a cupcake and coffee this morning in honor of my birthday tomorrow. Yesterday I just felt like making cake and I thought to myself, "Self, just make cupcakes! Your birthday is Friday, why not?" So at 4pm I whipped up some batter (boxed mix I'm not a super baker and I like my cake sweet) and popped them in the oven for a yummy afternoon treat. So this morning, Jay jetted off to Boca and I'm eating cupcakes for breakfast while I catch up on my blog reading and posting. I have a big day ahead of me. I'm hosting a double baby shower for two friends, so I have to clean the the house, especially the floors. These boys around here make a horrible mess while eating, a 5 foot perimeter around their chair is usually covered in food. Not sure how they do it. Oh, back to cupcakes, Ian ate a cupcake outside yesterday and somehow he got chocolate frosting on his back, like all over his back. How is that possible? I don't get it! On to the the list for today, floors, bathrooms, windows (make sure to get little handprints and doggy slobber), make baby gifts for shower tonight (one girl, one boy), finish bag for my birthday gift to myself. About the bag for myself, it has been a nightmare. I started it Tuesday night, spent 3 hours on it and when I thought it was finished it didn't work and it was ugly. So back to the drawing board, next day I took it apart, salvaged the bottom and lining and made a new top. Once it was done, I added a cute rick-rack trim and proceeded to ruin it again! I stitched the lining when I added the trim. So I ripped it out and now I have an almost completed bag. Must re-sew trim on and be more careful this time! I'm off to start my list and tomorrow it's off to the beach for the day. **Oh, I forgot to include in my list, feed and water pigs and chickens. Done, now I can check that off the list. While I was out there one of the 50 new hens (about 4 months old) laid her first baby egg. Yes, that means very soon we will have 4 dozen eggs a day. Hope you all like eggs, because that is what you are getting for Christmas, birthdays and other holidays from now on.

1 Comments:

At 6/11/2006 02:47:00 AM, Blogger Mijk said...

Congratulations! You share you'r birthday with my firstborn! I'm glad 31 isn't too bad. Some how it scares me more than 30 (I will be 31 in 15 days..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home