Monday, June 19, 2006

no craftiness lately

No crafting this week, with the duties around the house, the boys need for food almost every half hour, afternoon naps, and then late afternoon nausea there was just no time or the desire for sewing. All the animals are doing well. The ducks are now living and swimming in the pond. There was a scare with a snapping turtle, which was soon taken care of, so the ducks are swimming safely for now. The chickens are laying more and more due to the new and improved nesting boxes built by Farmer Jay. The eggs are small now so we are feeding them to the pigs, who fight over them they like them sooo much! This week we are starting swim lessons for Ian in the afternoons. He is very excited and looking forward to getting in the pool to show off his skills he already knows. I'm looking forward to getting into a routine of going to the YMCA everyday and maybe I'll stick around and workout. Energy I need you! I did go and do some field research on embroidery machines and boy are they expensive. Starting at $1,000 and going up. I went through a little sticker shock and decided I'm going to stick with the low end beginner models, which are half the price. I was almost sold on a machine with all the bells and whistles, but had to be shaken out of a trance when I got home. I always get sucked in when I go to the store by the salesperson. "You need this machine, you deserve it!" she says to me. "Help! Get me out of here!" I say. Back to reality Nancy, you don't need the $3,000 machine that sews on it's own, has 2,000 stitches, and plays the latest tunes from your IPod. Now if it took care of the kids, fixed dinner, folded laundry and cleaned my floors, then I'd reconsider! I'll probably buy something this week if I can decide and I'll keep you posted. I know you are at the edge of your seat right now waiting for more on the embroidery machine delima.

1 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 06:39:00 PM, Blogger Marce said...

Hilarious!!
We are breathless with anticipation about the machine because we can only imagine the wonders you'll create with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home