Wednesday, July 19, 2006

summer heat brings sunflowers

A few months ago we planted 3 sunflower seed packets and hand watered our little plants until today they are producing lovely, no beautiful flowers. They are the most gorgeous flowers I've ever seen. Yesterday I had 9 3-4 year olds and their Mom's over for a Van Gogh lesson (homeschool co-op). We learned all about Van Gogh and painted sunflowers, well some of the children attempted to paint them from the still life I had in the center of the table. Ian and a few others just painted all over their papers without even looking at the flowers. That's something we need to work on. Anyway, we learned about pointalism last week and next week we are doing some kind of painting on plaster. I'm very excited about my latest bag. It's a bag for the beach/pool out of oil cloth, inside and out. I got an email last week from someone who found my site through another and they wanted a pool bag. Well, I had this idea and I wanted one too so I made a mock up for myself. It's so much better than my old baby blue bag that was a freebee. Sean has really gotten into dressing up so here he is last week as a police man with a hook!

3 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 06:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is no one quite like our Sean!

helenH

 
At 7/20/2006 05:15:00 AM, Blogger Ruth Hoernig said...

I remember the year Steve and Mallory planted sunflowers from seeds in front of a truly ugly peeling white fence. They grew so tall with minimal effort that they covered the fence. Yeah! That was the year of the sunflower bedding, curtains, everything Mal had was sunflowers. Remember the 80's?
Love to you all,
Aunt Ruth

 
At 7/20/2006 03:03:00 PM, Blogger Marce said...

Beautiful from top to bottom!
And I would totally hire Seany as my bodyguard ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home