Thursday, July 20, 2006

watermelon anyone?

This morning we headed out to the beach for a little fun in the sun. We live about 45 minutes from St. Augustine Beach, which makes our trips to the beach day trips. I haven't taken the boys by myself before, because of the drive and the effort, but what was I waiting for. I remember when my sister would pack up her station wagon with her boys, her two sisters, and everything else baby related she could fit in and head out to the beach. Those were the best days of my summer when I was 8 and I want my boys to experience the beach too! We had a great day playing without any complaining or fighting over toys. It's carefree play at its best. I'm going again next week and maybe the week after that. I think we'll make it part of our weekly routine until it's too cold to go.

4 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 03:04:00 PM, Blogger Marce said...

They are the absolute VISION of summer fun! I could just squeeze 'em! Great idea mommy, and so glad it turned out not to be stressful!

 
At 7/21/2006 01:29:00 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

looks like lots of fun! Is the watermelon from your very own garden?!
The boys are getting so big.
Miss you all and love you...

 
At 7/22/2006 07:11:00 AM, Blogger Ruth Hoernig said...

Certain things are a no brainer in the summertime. Going to the beach every week when you live that close to St. Augustine is one of them and watermelon is another. For us, eating fresh corn on the cob at least twice a week is the best. That and Jersey tomatoes.
Glad you had fun!
Love you all.

 
At 7/26/2006 05:35:00 PM, Blogger Stairway Dweller said...

Great idea Nancy!! Loving the matching swimtrunks too. Your boys are always at the height of fashion :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home